The Copywriting Coach
But when you scratch the surface you might be shocked to discover that people buy your product or service for reasons that you weren’t even aware of.
You see, people buy for emotional reasons and back it up with rational reasons – so if you know both the emotional and the rational reasons why people buy your product, it will make your marketing so much easier.
Let’s take the accountancy business as an example.
You might think: “People buy my accountancy service because they need a tax return.”
But let’s dig a little deeper. What do they get when they buy your service?
1. A completed tax return yes, but what do they really get? Isn’t it peace of mind?
2. Maybe they buy your service because they believe that you can find more deductions for them than they can if they did it themselves? If that’s the case, they’re using your services to make money.
3. Maybe they use you because they don’t have time to do it themselves – so maybe they’re seeking more free time to be with their family?
You see, when you know all the reasons why people buy, you can start to incorporate that into your copywriting:
Here’s an example of what that copy might look like:
• You’ll have your tax return done overnight – so you’ll get your refund back quick-smart.
• …and you’ll get to spend the weekend with the kids (instead of with your tax receipts!).
Upcoming courses and events:
1. Copywriting: Writing For Profit
Gold Pack Home Study
2. SEO Copywriting Home Study Course
(Special Offer: Enrol in the Writing For Profit Gold Pack AND the SEO Copywriting Course and save heaps. To find out more http://copyschool.com/copy_courses/cat/)